The kitchen in any home is one of the most used rooms in the house. When purchasing a home, the kitchen could be the biggest selling factor. Newer kitchens have modern cabinetry and countertops. Kitchen islands are very popular. A futuristic kitchen is loaded with state of the art gadgets.
You can boost the value of your home by adding futuristic kitchen cabinets. Here are three popular futuristic kitchen cabinet types:
- Stainless Steel
- Dark Finishes
- Recycled kitchen cabinets
An all stainless steel kitchen containing oversized kitchen cabinets to house large appliances is very space-age looking. Adding accessories like stainless pot rack and a stainless metallic island will make this kitchen modern and chic. Adding a silvery metallic backsplash is very eye catching. You can always add a splash of color for intense contrast.
Dark finished cabinets are becoming more popular. They create a certain richness effect. They give the kitchen depth. Black cabinetry against a soft colored wall will stand out and make a bold statement. Black goes very well with stainless steel appliances, as many have black accents as well. Espresso cabinetry is also very popular.
Cabinetry with glass doors adds a touch of futurism. Displaying beautiful dishes and glassware adds depth and warmth to the kitchen. Glass goes well with both stainless steel and dark cabinetry. Try pairing glass tiles with the glass cabinetry for a clean, fresh look.
Recycled Kitchen Cabinets
Moving into the future, more and more people are environmentally friendly and purchased recycled products like recycled kitchen cabinets.
There are several countertop styles that remain popular like quartz. Even futuristic kitchens incorporate quartz into their designs. With advanced technology today, quartz is available in many different colors and designs. Quartz is popular because it virtually lasts forever, requires minimal maintenance, and is antimicrobial. There are many other types of countertops that can be used to create your futuristic kitchen like:
- Recycled Glass
- Solid Surface
- Stainless Steel
- Reclaimed Wood
- Engineered Quartz
Today’s society is very focused on environmental issues. This could lead to more recycled and reclaimed wood and natural products being utilized in many kitchens of the future.
Smart Kitchen Islands
Modern technology has introduced many “smart” operated products. Smart kitchen islands are a product that will almost be a mainstay in kitchens. These islands are constructed to include built-in connectivity. This means you can utilize your Apple watch, fitness, and sleep tracking devices and remotely connect to small appliances.
Futuristic Kitchen Flooring
Choosing the right floor can make all the difference in the futuristic look of your kitchen. Here are some trending flooring ideas:
- Bamboo Kitchen Flooring
- Cork flooring
- Whitewashed wood flooring
- Barn Board flooring
- Waterproof Vinyl Flooring
- Tile Flooring
- Laminate Flooring
- Engineered Wood Flooring
Wood flooring comes in many different materials. There are engineered wood, barn board, bamboo, and many laminates and vinyl that look like wood. Wood floors have been popular for years and will often be a favorite in the future.
Bamboo flooring is the most durable flooring product. The ability to make bamboo flooring renewable is very attractive to those who are eco-friendly.
Porcelain floors give your kitchen a clean, crisp, fresh look. However, they may require a little more cleaning than other flooring types. However, porcelain is extremely easy to clean.
Waterproof Vinyl Flooring
Over the few years, there has been a higher demand in WPC flooring, which is a wood plastic composite product. Again with so many people engaging in environmentally friendly products, this will become very popular in the future. It is also 100% waterproof, which is ideal for kitchens.
Cork flooring is not only environmentally friendly but is also one of the most comfortable types of flooring. Cork is a very unique flooring product. It is a very resilient product and may be the kitchen flooring choice of the future.
Futuristic Kitchen Gadgets
Technology is constantly advancing to make working in the kitchen a breeze. This modern technology is enticing more of the younger generation to take part in kitchen activities. Here are some fun futuristic kitchen gadgets that you purchase to compliment your futuristic kitchen:
- Xperia – specifically made tablet for your kitchen
- Prisma smart Counter
- AGA Oven Mitts
- Induction Cook 2 – Portable Electric oven charging or Built in System
- Electrolux Global_chef4 – Cook with your favorite chef online
- Tower1 – appliance tower – grinds coffee beans on demand
- Vision Toaster – watch as your bread toasts
- Refrigerator Touch Screen – keeps track of refrigerator contents
- Nano Garden – indoor electronic garden system
- Smart Herb Garden – Countertop or for window sills
- Somabar – personal bartender
- Peres – electronic nose – electronically tests the freshness of foods
- Top Brewer – looks like a sink faucet but dispenses coffee
- Egg Minder – a smart device that keeps track of your eggs through a mobile app
- Body Heat Knife – spread cold items easy with your own body heat through the knife
- Miito – a heating rod that can be used in any liquid
- Prep Pad Scale and App – kitchen nutrition tracker
- Bkon- brews coffee, loose leaf tea, infused cocktails
- Mellow – small appliance cooker with app
- Verilux – UV sanitizing wand – rechargeable
- Smart Pan – Bluetooth connects to mobile device
- App-Controlled Slow Cooker – Start dinner from home with your smartphone
Mixing and matching some of the above-noted products coupled with your own imagination, will give you the ability to create your futuristic dream kitchen.